The following information has been provided by the opensuse security announce mailing lisT
SUSE Security Update: Security update for Linux Kernel Live Patch 16 for SLE 12 SP1
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2017:1915-1
References: #1039348 #1039496 #1045340 #1045406
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS
An update that solves one vulnerability and has three fixes
is now available.
This update for the Linux Kernel 3.12.74-60_64_45 fixes several issues.
The following bugs were fixed:
– CVE-2017-1000364: The previous fix for the stack gap increase tracked by
CVE-2017-1000364 had a regression, which is fixed by this follow up
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
– SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-SP1-2017-1187=
– SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2017-
To bring your system up-to-date, use “zypper patch”.
– SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1 (x86_64):
– SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS (x86_64):