The following information has been provided by the opensuse security announce mailing lIST
SUSE Security Update: Security update for Linux Kernel Live Patch 13 for SLE 12 SP1
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2017:1941-1
References: #1030575 #1031481 #1031660 #1039496
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS
An update that solves one vulnerability and has three fixes
is now available.
This update for the Linux Kernel 3.12.69-60_64_32 fixes several issues.
The following security bugs were fixed:
– CVE-2017-1000364: An issue was discovered in the size of the stack guard
page on Linux, specifically a 4k stack guard page is not sufficiently
large and can be “jumped” over (the stack guard page is bypassed)
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
– SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-SP1-2017-1208=
– SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-SP1-2017-
To bring your system up-to-date, use “zypper patch”.
– SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12-SP1 (x86_64):
– SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-SP1-LTSS (x86_64):