The following information has been provided by the opensuse security announce mailing lIST
SUSE Security Update: Security update for Linux Kernel Live Patch 20 for SLE 12
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2017:1945-1
References: #1025013 #1031660 #1039496
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS
An update that solves one vulnerability and has two fixes
is now available.
This update for the Linux Kernel 3.12.61-52_69 fixes several issues.
The following security bugs were fixed:
– CVE-2017-1000364: An issue was discovered in the size of the stack guard
page on Linux, specifically a 4k stack guard page is not sufficiently
large and can be “jumped” over (the stack guard page is bypassed)
To install this SUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
– SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SAP-12-2017-1205=1
– SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-SERVER-12-2017-1205=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use “zypper patch”.
– SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP 12 (x86_64):
– SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12-LTSS (x86_64):