openSUSE Security Update: Security update for MozillaThunderbird
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2017:2707-1
Cross-References: CVE-2017-7793 CVE-2017-7805 CVE-2017-7810
CVE-2017-7814 CVE-2017-7818 CVE-2017-7819
CVE-2017-7823 CVE-2017-7824 CVE-2017-7825
SUSE Package Hub for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12
An update that fixes 9 vulnerabilities is now available.
Mozilla Thunderbird was updated to 52.4.0 (boo#1060445)
* new behavior was introduced for replies to mailing list posts: “When
replying to a mailing list, reply will be sent to address in From
header ignoring Reply-to header”. A new preference
mail.override_list_reply_to allows to restore the previous behavior.
* Under certain circumstances (image attachment and non-image
attachment), attached images were shown truncated in messages stored
in IMAP folders not synchronised for offline use.
* IMAP UIDs > 0x7FFFFFFF now handled properly Security fixes from Gecko
* CVE-2017-7793 (bmo#1371889) Use-after-free with Fetch API
* CVE-2017-7818 (bmo#1363723) Use-after-free during ARIA array
* CVE-2017-7819 (bmo#1380292) Use-after-free while resizing images in
* CVE-2017-7824 (bmo#1398381) Buffer overflow when drawing and
validating elements with ANGLE
* CVE-2017-7805 (bmo#1377618) (fixed via NSS requirement) Use-after-free
in TLS 1.2 generating handshake hashes
* CVE-2017-7814 (bmo#1376036) Blob and data URLs bypass phishing and
malware protection warnings
* CVE-2017-7825 (bmo#1393624, bmo#1390980) (OSX-only) OS X fonts render
some Tibetan and Arabic unicode characters as spaces
* CVE-2017-7823 (bmo#1396320) CSP sandbox directive did not create a
* CVE-2017-7810 Memory safety bugs fixed in Firefox 56 and Firefox ESR
– Add alsa-devel BuildRequires: we care for ALSA support to be built and
thus need to ensure we get the dependencies in place. In the past,
alsa-devel was pulled in by accident: we buildrequire libgnome-devel.
This required esound-devel and that in turn pulled in alsa-devel for us.
libgnome is being fixed to no longer require esound-devel.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use YaST online_update.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
– SUSE Package Hub for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2017-1144=1
To bring your system up-to-date, use “zypper patch”.
– SUSE Package Hub for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 (x86_64):
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org