Hello Dovecot users,
Here’s a first release candidate for the upcoming Pigeonhole release for
Dovecot v2.2.36. It only contains bugfixes for now. There’s one
experimental plugin still in the pipeline.
– Fix assert panics triggered by empty messages that are being forwarded
using redirect or vnd.dovecot.report. This does not likely normally
occur, but this is seen as a result of certain benign failures in
– Make the length of the subject header for the vacation response
configurable and enforce the limit in UTF-8 codepoints rather than
bytes. The subject header for a vacation response was statically
truncated to 256 bytes, which is too limited for multi-byte UTF-8
– Sieve editheader extension: Fix assertion panic occurring when it is
used to manipulate a message header with a very large header field.
– Properly abort execution of the sieve_discard script upon error.
Before, the LDA Sieve plugin attempted to execute the sieve_discard
script when an error occurs. This can lead to the message being lost.
– Fix the interaction between quota and the sieve_discard script. When
quota was used together with a sieve_discard script, the message
delivery did not bounce when the quota was exceeded.
The release is available as follows:
Refer to http://pigeonhole.dovecot.org and the Dovecot wiki for
more information. Have fun testing this release candidate and don’t
hesitate to notify me when there are any problems.
Dovecot-news mailing list