openSUSE Security Update: Security update for libopenmpt
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2018:2015-1
References: #1089080 #1095644
Cross-References: CVE-2018-10017 CVE-2018-11710
openSUSE Leap 15.0
An update that fixes two vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for libopenmpt to version 0.3.9 fixes the following issues:
These security issues were fixed:
– CVE-2018-11710: Prevent write near address 0 in out-of-memory situations
when reading AMS files (bsc#1095644)
– CVE-2018-10017: Preven out-of-bounds memory read with IT/ITP/MO3 files
containing pattern loops (bsc#1089080)
These non-security issues were fixed:
– [Bug] openmpt123: Fixed build failure in C++17 due to use of removed
– STM: Having both Bxx and Cxx commands in a pattern imported the Bxx
– STM: Last character of sample name was missing.
– Speed up reading of truncated ULT files.
– ULT: Portamento import was sometimes broken.
– The resonant filter was sometimes unstable when combining low-volume
samples, low cutoff and high mixing rates.
– Keep track of active SFx macro during seeking.
– The “note cut” duplicate note action did not volume-ramp the previously
– A song starting with non-existing patterns could not be played.
– DSM: Support restart position and 16-bit samples.
– DTM: Import global volume.
This update was imported from the SUSE:SLE-15:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or “zypper patch”.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
– openSUSE Leap 15.0:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2018-742=1
– openSUSE Leap 15.0 (i586 x86_64):
– openSUSE Leap 15.0 (x86_64):
To unsubscribe, e-mail: email@example.com
For additional commands, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org