openSUSE Security Update: Security update for sddm
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2018:2310-1
References: #1099908 #1101450
openSUSE Leap 15.0
An update that solves one vulnerability and has one errata
is now available.
This update for sddm fixes the following issues:
The following security vulnerability was addressed:
– CVE-2018-14345: Fixed the authentication, which did not check the
password for users with an already existing session and allowed any user
with access to the system bus to unlock any graphical session.
The following other bugs were addressed:
– Fallback to embedded theme, if none is set
– Corrected section name for Wayland
– Removed patch, which is no longer needed, because bug in libxcb was
fixed in the meanwhile (boo#1099908)
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or “zypper patch”.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
– openSUSE Leap 15.0:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2018-862=1
– openSUSE Leap 15.0 (x86_64):
To unsubscribe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional commands, e-mail: email@example.com