openSUSE Security Update: Security update for libheimdal
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2018:2376-1
References: #1047218 #1071675 #1084909
openSUSE Leap 42.3
An update that solves one vulnerability and has two fixes
is now available.
This update for libheimdal to version 7.5.0 fixes the following issues:
The following security vulnerability was fixed:
– CVE-2017-17439: Fixed a remote denial of service vulnerability through
which remote unauthenticated attackers were able to crash the KDC by
sending a crafted UDP packet containing empty data fields for client
name or realm (boo#1071675)
The following other bugs were fixed:
– Override the build date (boo#1047218)
– Use constant hostname (boo#1084909)
– Handle long input lines when reloading database dumps
– In pre-forked mode, correctly clear the process ids of exited children,
allowing new child processes to replace the old.
– Fixed incorrect KDC response when no-cross realm TGT exists, allowing
client requests to fail quickly rather than time out after trying to get
a correct answer from each KDC.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or “zypper patch”.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
– openSUSE Leap 42.3:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2018-876=1
– openSUSE Leap 42.3 (i586 x86_64):
To unsubscribe, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional commands, e-mail: email@example.com