Here is another release of Geoclue. Changes since 2.5.0:
– Fix libgeoclue ABI break in 2.5.0.
– Use absolute paths for libexecdir.
Geoclue is a D-Bus service that provides location information. The
goal of the Geoclue project is to make creating location-aware
applications as simple as possible.
Geoclue is Free Software, licensed under GNU GPLv2+. It is developed for Linux.
The aim of project is to utilize all possible sources of geolocation
to best find user’s location:
* WiFi-based geolocation (accuracy: in meters)
* GPS(A) receivers (accuracy: in centimeters)
* GPS of other devices on the local network, e.g smartphones
(accuracy: in centimeters)
* 3G modems (accuracy: in kilometers, unless modem has GPS)
* GeoIP (accuracy: city-level)
Geoclue used to also do (reverse-)geocoding but that functionality has
been dropped in favor of geocode-glib library.
D-Bus API documentation: http://www.freedesktop.org/software/geoclue/docs/
Library API documentation:
gnome-announce-list mailing list