A new unstable release of Rygel is available!
This is the first release which will lead to Rygel 0.38.
Download source tarball here:
– Update URLs for gitlab
– Fix compiler warnings in C code
– Documentation updates
– Fix several deprecated functions
– Fix type argument mismatch of return value
GStreamer Media Engine:
– Implement JPEG transcoding
– Make sinks configurable
– Add support for audio/aac mime type
– Move engine intialization into server plugin
– Remove dead code
– Vala version requirement bumped to 0.40
– GTK+ requirement bumped to 3.22
– GStreamer requirement bumped to 1.12
Bugs fixed in this release:
All contributors to this release:
– Jens Georg
– Rico Tzschichholz
– Kjartan Maraas
– nb, courtesy of Kjartan Maraas
What is Rygel?
Rygel is a home media solution that allows you to easily share audio,
video and pictures, and control of media player on your home network.
In technical terms it is both a UPnP AV MediaServer and MediaRenderer
implemented through a plug-in mechanism. Interoperability with other
devices in the market is achieved by conformance to very strict
requirements of DLNA and on the fly conversion of media to formats
that client devices are capable of handling.
More information at our project home page: http://www.rygel-project.org
gnome-announce-list mailing list