thunar 1.8.3 is now available for download from
What is thunar?
Thunar is a modern file manager for the Xfce Desktop Environment. It
has been designed from the ground up to be fast and easy-to-use. Its
user interface is clean and intuitive, and does not include any
confusing or useless options. Thunar is fast and responsive with a good
start up time and directory load time. Thunar is accessible using
Assistive Technologies and is fully standards compliant.
Release notes for 1.8.3
Thunar is getting even more robust, specially good news for tree-view
Finally the delay on logout got full eliminated and session management
got fixed. Both were problems of the 1.8.x series.
Hope you enjoy!
– Thunar sometimes mounts USB drives with root permission (Bug #14719)
– FreeBSD -Thunar crash due to passing null to strcmp() (Bug #15059)
– Add support for org.freedesktop.FileManager1 (Bug #12414)
– Still 8sec delay on logout when there is an open thunar window (Bug
– Thunar does not recover directories opened in a previous session (Bug
– Thunar utilizes 100%CPU when the parent directory is not readable (Bug
– Add support for CTRL+Z in rename dialog (Bug #14956)
– Thunar rarely freezes when switching to tree-view (#14960)
– Crash in tree-view when multiple windows are open (Bug #14714)
– Improve description of UCA command parameters (Bug #14720)
– Fixed some Warnings and GLib-GObject-CRITICAL messages
– Translation updates: Albanian, Belarusian, Catalan, Chinese (China),
Chinese (Taiwan), Croatian, Czech, English (Australia), Finnish,
German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh,
Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil),
Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Thai, Turkish
Xfce-announce mailing list