gThumb 3.7.1 is now available for download at:
This is the first release of the new development series that will lead
to the next stable release.
What is gThumb
gThumb is an image viewer and browser utility for the GNOME environment.
The README file distributed with the tar archive contains a complete
list of features and the instructions to compile the source. The
complete description, screenshots and other info are available at
Overview of changes from gThumb 3.6.0 to 3.7.1
New features and user visible changes:
* Removed the application menu.
* Sidebar: show the property views in expandable sections.
* Thumbnail list: spread the thumbnails horizontally to fill
the available space.
* Video viewer: added option to use opengl instead of cairo.
* Show the rating as a sequence of stars.
* Color picker: use lowercase letters for the hexadecimal value.
* Contact sheet: set the current directory as destination if possible.
* Script dialog: wider list to make all columns visible.
* Use meson as build system.
* Image navigator: fixed popup positioning.
* Preferences: fixed crash when setting the current location as
* About dialog: fixed website url.
* Jpeg loader: try to load broken images.
* Contact sheet: error if the theme file could not be loaded.
* Removed deprecated functions.
This program is released under the terms of the GNU General Public
License (GNU GPL) version 2 or greater. You can find a copy of the
license in the file COPYING.
February 18, 2019
gnome-announce-list mailing list