openSUSE Security Update: Security update for connman ______________________________________________________________________________
Announcement ID: openSUSE-SU-2021:0452-1 Rating: moderate References: #1181751 Cross-References: CVE-2021-26675 CVE-2021-26676 CVSS scores: CVE-2021-26675 (NVD) : 8.8 CVSS:3.1/AV:A/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H CVE-2021-26676 (NVD) : 6.5 CVSS:3.1/AV:A/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N
Affected Products: openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP2 ______________________________________________________________________________
An update that fixes two vulnerabilities is now available.
This update for connman fixes the following issues:
Update to 1.39 (boo#1181751):
* Fix issue with scanning state synchronization and iwd. * Fix issue with invalid key with 4-way handshake offloading. * Fix issue with DNS proxy length checks to prevent buffer overflow. (CVE-2021-26675) * Fix issue with DHCP leaking stack data via uninitialized variable. (CVE-2021-26676)
Update to 1.38:
* Fix issue with online check on IP address update. * Fix issue with OpenVPN and encrypted private keys. * Fix issue with finishing of VPN connections. * Add support for updated stable iwd APIs. * Add support for WireGuard networks.
Update to 1.37:
* Fix issue with handling invalid gateway addresses. * Fix issue with handling updates of default gateway. * Fix issue with DHCP servers that require broadcast flag. * Add support for option to use gateways as time servers. * Add support for option to select default technology. * Add support for Address Conflict Detection (ACD). * Add support for IPv6 iptables management.
Change in 1.36:
* Fix issue with DNS short response on error handling. * Fix issue with handling incoming DNS requests. * Fix issue with handling empty timeserver list. * Fix issue with incorrect DHCP byte order. * Fix issue with AllowDomainnameUpdates handling. * Fix issue with IPv4 link-local IP conflict error. * Fix issue with handling WISPr over TLS connections. * Fix issue with WiFi background scanning handling. * Fix issue with WiFi disconnect+connect race condition. * Fix issue with WiFi scanning and tethering operation. * Fix issue with WiFi security change handling. * Fix issue with missing signal for WPS changes. * Fix issue with online check retry handling. * Add support for systemd-resolved backend. * Add support for mDNS configuration setup.
This update was imported from the openSUSE:Leap:15.2:Update update project.
To install this openSUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods like YaST online_update or “zypper patch”.
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
– openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP2:
zypper in -t patch openSUSE-2021-452=1
– openSUSE Backports SLE-15-SP2 (x86_64):
connman-1.39-bp126.96.36.199 connman-client-1.39-bp188.8.131.52 connman-devel-1.39-bp184.108.40.206 connman-doc-1.39-bp220.127.116.11 connman-nmcompat-1.39-bp18.104.22.168 connman-plugin-hh2serial-gps-1.39-bp22.214.171.124 connman-plugin-iospm-1.39-bp126.96.36.199 connman-plugin-l2tp-1.39-bp188.8.131.52 connman-plugin-openconnect-1.39-bp184.108.40.206 connman-plugin-openvpn-1.39-bp220.127.116.11 connman-plugin-polkit-1.39-bp18.104.22.168 connman-plugin-pptp-1.39-bp22.214.171.124 connman-plugin-tist-1.39-bp126.96.36.199 connman-plugin-vpnc-1.39-bp188.8.131.52 connman-plugin-wireguard-1.39-bp184.108.40.206 connman-test-1.39-bp220.127.116.11
www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-26675.html www.suse.com/security/cve/CVE-2021-26676.html bugzilla.suse.com/1181751